Technology has been both a boon and a bane to us all. We love it and can’t imagine our lives without it. At the same time, we are completely helpless without it. If you’ve watched any episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix, you’ll know how technology can take a dark and even sinister turn. I mean, this A.I generator is already making the moves on my job.
Well, hopefully, we humans can still outsmart technology by making it work for us rather than against us. I’ll admit with Google Street View, I’ve had fun virtually walking through the random streets and checking out different houses but therein lies a problem with privacy.
How much of this is trespassing and does it make you more vulnerable to stalkers and other unsavoury characters? I don’t want to find out.
Here’s how to blur your house on Google Street View because, in this day and age, privacy matters more than ever.
1. Go to Google Maps and enter your home address.
2. Enter into Street View mode by dragging the small yellow human-shaped icon, onto the map in front of your house.
3. With your house in view, click “Report a problem” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
4. Position the red box on your home, and select “My home” in the “Request blurring” field.
5. Then, write in the field why you want this image blurred. You could cite safety reasons, for example.
6. Enter your email address and submit your request.
We don’t know how long it will take Google to process your request, so there’s no time like the present. Also, for those who want to blur your house, do note that this request is permanent lest you somehow need to see your house on Google Street View.
Here’s to Big Brother watching us all.
Get the latest updates by following us on Twitter @hypeandstuff & Facebook Have an interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]