HYPE & STUFF is a digital lifestyle publication that chases the latest trends, offers an alternative voice to current affairs in Singapore, and shares the best experiences one can find on this island.
If you have a strong writing voice with the ability to translate your thoughts and opinions succinctly into words, HYPE & STUFF is for you. We pride ourselves on writers that write fast and produce creative content that appeals to the masses.
We are looking to mould lifestyle content writing interns based in Singapore who are passionate about the latest trends in current affairs, news, social media, fashion, travel, culture, beauty and local events.
Writers need to be able to express their thoughts in written sentences well. Good photography is also a requirement to tell a visual story along with words.
As a content writer intern for HYPE & STUFF, you will need to enjoy going to new opening events, chasing down trends, and conducting profile interviews. You need to be fiercely independent, self-driven and always be willing to learn and improve. There is a substantial amount of writing and photography required, and we don’t want anyone that can’t take the heat.
What kind of qualifications does a content writer need?
- Keen interest in the latest lifestyle news and trends.
- Fast writer
- A clear writing style that is easily understood by mass readers.
- An eye for detail to portray accurate information with grammatically correct sentences.
- Good eye for photography
- Creativity to think of eye-catching headlines with a high level of clickability.
- Concise writing that is grammatically sound.
- Responsive to feedback and changes.
- Open personality to reach out and conduct interviews with confidence.
- Contribute story ideas and finding new angles to things that are trending in Singapore.
- Keeping track of article view performance and offer suggestions to improve.
- Ensure writing and photography are professionally executed.
- Maintaining a constant flow of articles.
- Crafting social media images and captions related to your article.