Several businesses across the island can now breathe a collective sigh of relief after the COVID-19 Multi-Ministerial Task Force co-chaired by Lawrence Wong and Gan Kim Yong announced a relaxation of Circuit Break measures in the next two weeks.
This came a week after the announcement by PM Lee Hsien Loong on April 22 that the current Circuit Breaker will be extended to June 1 as an added precautionary measure to ensure community infection numbers dwindle to a single digit in a week.
Here is a list of what is re-opening and when, and what remains under tight Circuit Breaker measures until further announcements are made.
May 5 2020
1. Traditional Chinese Medicine acupuncture services will be allowed but only for pain management where deemed essential by practitioners.
2. Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners will also be able to sell retail products direct to the consumer.
3. Essential services exclude cupping, moxibustion, guasha, and tuina manipulative therapies
Activities within Condos
1. Walking and exercising within the grounds of private condominium estates will be allowed.
2. Common facilities like swimming pools and gyms remain closed.
May 12 2020
Services that can resume essential business
1. Manufacturing and onsite preparation of all food, including cakes and confectionery, ice cream, cocoa, chocolate and chocolate products, and other snacks;
2. Retail outlets of food, including cakes and confectionery, packaged snacks and desserts, may be open for takeaway and delivery only;
3. Home-based food businesses may operate, but only for delivery or collection. Delivery and collection of food orders should be done in a safe and contactless manner, by appointment so that it can be spaced out, and there is no bunching of people.
4. Home-based private dining will not be allowed.
5. Retail laundry services;
6. Barbers and hairdressers, for basic haircut services; and
7. Retail of pet supplies.
From May 12, all businesses and service that have reopened must come on board the SafeEntry system to log the check-in and check-out of employees and visitors.
May 19 2020
Schools can resume face-to-face consultations in small groups from May 19 onwards. Priority will be given to graduating students sitting for the national exams this year.
Get the latest updates by following us on Twitter @hypeandstuff & Facebook Have an interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]