HYPE & STUFF is a trendy digital lifestyle publication that chases the latest trends and shares the best experiences. If you’re familiar with the latest hype and want to build a portfolio around being the fastest, most creative content producer, HYPE & STUFF is for you.
We are looking for a Business Development & Sales Manager based in Singapore who is passionate about the latest trends in fashion, food, travel, culture, beauty, and local activities to further dive into new opportunities and enhance business growth from a holistic perspective.
We want highly disciplined, hungry salespeople who have a nose for the latest trends and creating the best possible outcome for our clients and readers.
The role will report to the Managing Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new businesses, with a consultative approach to selling.
They should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues. Delicious Consulting is a young, dynamic and fast-moving company; the ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have genuine influence – helping to shape the growth of the business’s future.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Generate leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives
- Able to manage all key stakeholders
- Understand and keep up-to-date with constant developments in the market
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met
- Train personnel and help team members develop their skills
- Identify areas for expansion and development
- Develop targeted short-term and long-term new business strategies
- Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market performance
- Deliver against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
- Work closely with the teams to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects
- Provide inputs for sales and marketing collaterals – how the business positions itself for various audiences
- Maximize networking opportunities and regularly using events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned
Key Skills /Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within Business Development, New Business, Marketing, Advertising Sales or Account Management role (face-to-face experience imperative; experience within publishing preferred)
- A recognized Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Experience working in a marketing/publishing/media environment and understanding of (and passion for) the industry.
- The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic
- You will also need to be intrinsically motivated, performance-driven and result-oriented
File types accepted: PDF or Word. Upload a single file smaller than 10MB. If your CV/portfolio is too large, host it on an external site, such as Google Drive, WeTransfer or Dropbox, and provide a link(s) in your cover letter.